Jewelry Warranty and Service Policy
LEIBISH & CO.'S WARRANTY
Leibish & Co. is pleased to offer our customers with a two-year warranty on jewelry purchased through the company.
1. The jewelry warranty and service policy will remain available to each client who purchases from Leibish & Co. for a period of two-years from the date of purchase. The offer is available only on all jewelry sold directly through the Leibish & Co. website, with the following conditions applicable.
1.1. The two year warranty is form the date the customer receives the goods for the first time.
1.2. Leibish & Co. will cover the cost of repair, on any piece of jewelry that is still under guarantee, for only defects resulting from normal wear, such as cleaning, rhodium plating, loose prongs, and missing side-stones.
1.3. The warranty does not cover re-sizing, nor does it cover extraordinary damage or wear, which will be determined upon inspection solely by a Leibish & Co. representative. For any questions regarding our re-sizing offer, please see next section.
1.4. The warranty does not cover loss or theft of the jewelry in part or its entirety.
1.5. If a defect is discovered within the period of the warranty, the jewelry must be returned to Leibish & Co. for inspection. Leibish & Co. alone, will determine if the defect is due to normal wear or extraordinary circumstances.
1.6. Any jewelry re-sized or altered in anyway by a 3rd party not under the ownership of Leibish & Co., or without the authorization of Leibish & Co., will forfeit the warranty.
1.7. The warranty will cover shipping costs and insurance from and to the customer, only if it is determined by Leibish & Co. that the jewelry is in fact defective within the bounds of the policy. (I.e. that it is defective within the bounds of normal wear and tear).
1.8. Leibish & Co. will re-reimburse the shipping and insurance costs incurred by the customer once the jewelry inspection is completed. Leibish & Co. alone will determine the best way for the jewelry to be returned to its offices and provide instructions to the customer accordingly. If the jewelry is returned in any other way other than the instructions given, Leibish & Co. will not be held liable for expenses, damage, or any loss incurred.
1.9. If it is determined that the jewelry has been damaged outside the bounds of the warranty, due to unusual or extreme wear or use, the customer will be held liable to pay for all repairs, as well as any shipping or insurance costs incurred.
1.10. Due to the nature of this type of jewelry, Leibish & Co. will not be liable for damage to any chains that break on pendants, necklaces, and bracelets. Leibish & Co. will not be held liable for damage to ear-backs, nose rings, or other body jewelry.
1.11. Leibish & Co. will report to the customer any necessary repair required, prior to implementing the repairs. Leibish & Co. will be sure to inform the customer if the repair does or does not fall within the bounds of the warranty.
2. Upon the request of a customer, Leibish & Co. will re-size a ring one time free of charge, within the first two years after the point of purchase, with the following conditions.
2.1. The ring must be re-sized at a Leibish & Co. service center, or at a Leibish & Co. approved service center. If re-sizing at an approved service center, then Leibish must be informed of the cost and approve the cost, prior to re-sizing.
2.2. This one-time free re-size will only apply to shanks with no diamonds set on the lower half the shank and will not apply to shanks set with diamonds in their entirety. It is the responsibility of the customer to supply the correct size to Leibish & Co. prior to ordering rings with diamonds all the way around the shank.
2.3. Only Leibish & Co. will determine if a ring is resizable.
2.4. Rings will only be re-sized within one and a half sizes up or down from their original size, unless Leibish & Co. in its discretion determines that it can be re-sized beyond this scope.
2.5. Re-sizing requested beyond the one time free offer, will be charged. The cost of a re-size beyond the one time free offer will be determined by Leibish & Co. and depend on the individual nature and content of the ring. Leibish & Co. will inform the customer of the cost of re-sizing prior to implementation.
2.6. Any ring re-sized by a 3rd party without the authorization of Leibish & Co., will automatically forfeit the warranty, and Leibish & Co. will not be responsible for any costs or damage incurred.
3. Leibish & Co. will provide free inspection and refurbishment, including plating of all jewelry, once a year for the natural life time of the jewelry, extending beyond the period of the warranty. Leibish & Co. will advise the customer as necessary regarding any worn parts that have degraded beyond the capability of repair.
4. Leibish & Co. will not be held liable for the jewelry and parts thereof, which may require repair or replacement due to normal wear or extraordinary wear, beyond the period of the two year warranty.
5. The warranty does not cover the loss or theft of center stones. Leibish & Co. therefore recommends that each client take advantage of this offer and return the jewelry to Leibish & Co. offices in order to be properly inspected and repaired if need be.
6. By purchasing the jewelry from Leibish & Co. the customer has agreed to the terms of this warranty, without the need to sign an agreement to the warranty, which is available for review on www.leibish.com.
This warranty only applies going forward and will not be offered for goods purchased prior to August 2015.